CONSTITUTION OF THE AUTHORITY:
As per the G.O.Ms.No. 1177, dated 06-11-1981, the Government had declared Development Area under Section 3 of Telangana (Development) Act, 1975 for Kakatiya development area which is in vicinity of area comprising the jurisdiction of Warangal Corporation as an Urban Area consisting of 181 villages with a view to expedite formation of policies and implementation of the programmes in Urban Development Area. Kakatiya Urban Development Authority spreads over to an area of 1805.00 Sq.Kms. with a population of 13.00 lakhs as per 2011 Census.
The following number of Grampanchayats and Mandals has been covered in the jurisdiction of the Authority.
- (181) villages of Warangal Urban, Rural and Jangaon Districts.
- (11) Mandals of Warangal Urban, (5) Mandals of Wrangal Rural and (3) Mandals of Jangaon District.
- Warangal Urban District
- Bheemadevarapalli 2. Dharmasagar 3. Elkathurthi 4. Hanamkonda 5. Hasanparthy 6. Inavolu 7. Kamalapur 8. Khaazipet 9. Khila Warangal 10. Velair 11. Warangal
- Warangal Rural District
- Atmakur 2. Damera 3. Geesugonda 4. Sangam 5. Wardhannapet
- Jangaon District
- Chilpur 2. Ghanpur (Stn) 3. Zaffergadh
- One (ULB) Urban Local Body ie., Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation.
As per the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 3 of Telangana Urban Areas (Development) Act, 1975 the Government of Telangana has to constitute the body of the Authority with the following members.
- Chairman to be appointed by the Government.
- Vice-Chairman to be appointed by the Government, who shall be a whole time Chief Executive officer of the Authority,
- Three members from among the Members of the State Legislature representing the development area, to be nominated by the Government.
- Five elected members of the Warangal Municipal Corporation comprised within the development area to be nominated by the Government.
- One officer ie., Commissioner, Warangal Municipal Corporation to be nominated by the Government.
- One officer of the Director of Town & Country Planning, Hyderabad to be nominated by the Government.
- One officer of the Finance Department of the Govt. to be nominated by Govt.
- Two other members to be nominated by the Government.